Lower Khatib Bongsu Trail
Dates & Time:
Sat, 14 May | 7.15am to 12.30pm
Sun, 15 May | 7.15am to 12.30pm
Sat, 28 May | 7.15am to 12.30pm
Meeting point: Sembawang Park
Fee: $115 per pax; $75 (age 12 & below)
Suitable for age 4 years and above
Khatib Bongsu is one of Singapore's largest mangrove riverine ecosystems. There are many sections to explore.
This river trail explores Section 5-8 of this river: Old Trees Ways, Perepat Hunt, Albizia Lagoon, and The Seletars. The alluring part of Sungei Khatib Bongsu lies in our curiosity to explore our almost forgotten natural river.
Things to note for the trail:
1) Level: Beginners/ No kayaking experience / Min age 4 years & above
2) Start/End: Sembawang Park
3) Provided: Double kayaks, paddles, pfds, guides, & complimentary late breakfast
4) Bring: Sun protection (UPF 50 long pants & shirt, gloves, hat, sunglasses), wear covered shoes, 1L water, change of clothes (will get wet!).
5) Optional: Bino for bird watching, cameras, field book, waterproof your phone & camera
Toilets/showers are available in the area. Participants can leave their things in the company's vehicle and pick them up after the trip.