Hakka Abacus Seeds Culinary Workshop
Dates & Time:
Sat, 7 May | 10am to 12pm
Sat, 7 May | 2pm to 4pm
Sat, 14 May | 10am to 12pm
Sat, 14 May | 2pm to 4pm
Venue: Enabling Village, Academy Block
Fee: $60 per pax (inclusive of GST)
A hands-on Hakka Abacus Seeds (Suan Pan Zi) cooking workshop, led by special needs apprentices and chefs from Metta Cafe. Abacus seed is a traditional Hakka dish made with yam that is usually eaten during festivals as the dish signifies wealth. In this cooking session, participants will learn how to make Hakka Abacus Seeds from scratch and everyone will get to bring home the Hakka Abacus Seeds they made!
What you will learn:
- How to make the abacus seeds
- How to process the ingredients to cook abacus
- How to cook abacus seeds
- How to stir-fry the abacus seeds with the ingredients
- Prepare and process the ingredients INDIVIDUALLY and work in PAIRS to cook and stir-fry the abacus seeds
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
Terms and Conditions
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the cooking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.
About Metta Café
Initiated by Metta Welfare Association, Metta Café was established in 2014 to provide F&B vocational training for Metta School graduates aged 18 and above, with mild intellectual disability and/or autism. Our mission is to provide an avenue for these youths to acquire vocational, work and life skills through our comprehensive training and development programmes and to create employment opportunities to help them achieve economic independence, self-reliance and build confidence.